Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Response to "Scripps Study Shows Plastic in Pacific Garbage Patch Has Increased 100-Fold"

This article gives an overview in which Scripps Institution of Oceanography has released a study that plastic  found in the Great Pacific Garbage Patch, has increased a hundred times than it did forty years ago. For the majority part of this article, it mentions the same information Edward Humes presents in Garbology. I find it to be ridiculous with how we have to deal with these small bits of plastic.When we try to find a solution for this mess, this continues to be more of a difficult situation. It is hard to imagine how insects within the ocean, such as sea skaters, end up laying their eggs on these small bits of plastic, I find it to be hurting them. It's bad enough knowing because of the way we dispose trash, not only are we harming ourselves, but also animals. I am hoping that people will start to understand that when eat a certain type of fish, to think about how much trash did that fish eat and how becomes a part of us.      

No comments:

Post a Comment